The 5th edition of the Village Award is organised jointly by Le Village by CA Luxembourg, the Luxembourg Open Innovation Club, the House of Startups and Silicon Luxembourg. This year, the call for applications is open to all startups and big corporates/ETIs/public institutions, whether they are part of Le Village by CA network or not.
The ceremony will be held on 6 July at the House of Startups. You can apply until March 28 with your corporate duo, by registering here: https://app.miniextensions.com/form/0X6hE2Gzpqv9IqpI8IxX
What are the Village Awards? This is a unique opportunity for startups and corporates to showcase their cooperation. Each participant must be a duo composed of a startup and a corporate that have worked together.
Startup/corporate duos can apply in three categories :
- The most efficient startup x corporate cooperation: A cooperation that came about naturally, quickly, that was not limited to the POC and that exceeded the initial expectations of both parties.
- The most unexpected startup x corporate cooperation: This category is for all the duos who met unexpectedly or who seem at first sight to be very different, but who, despite everything, have managed to set up a successful project.
- The jury’s special mention: This is the category of the heart and not of the mind. This award will be given to the collaboration that touched the jury the most and that makes sense to them, because the heart is also part of a successful collaboration. The audience will vote live during the ceremony to award the prize.
- The Public Award: It will be awarded to the public's favourite duo out of the nine finalists. This public award can be combined with the other prizes awarded by the jury.
A first-class jury
The shortlisted duos will pitch in front of the jury, which will include Yves Vilagines, Head of the Echos Entrepreneurs department, Catherine Moal, Editor-in-Chief of Alliancy, Christophe Dandois, co-founder of the startup Leocare, Marion Choppin, co-founder of Listen Léon, and Guillaume Clere, co-founder of Reverto and winner of the previous edition of the competition.
At the end of the pitching day, the jury will select 9 finalists. These will then produce a professional video with Le Village by CA teams, which will be shown on stage at the ceremony on 23 June 2022.
- Value creation for both parties involved in the collaboration
- Strength of the project (business/technological solution, team, ability to scale up and last over time)
- Positive impact on the environment and society (inclusion, sustainable agriculture and finance, carbon neutrality, energy transition...)
Important dates to remember
- 28 March 2022: deadline of the call for applications
- 29 March to 8 April: pre-selection of applications
- 16 May: pitching of the 15 pre-selected duos to the jury
- 23 May: announcement of the 9 finalist duos
- 30 May: day of filming for the professional videos recounting the collaborations of the 9 finalist duos
Good to know that one of our Luxembourgish startups, Firis, won an award at this ceremony in 2020 as well as a nice visibility in Les Echos. See the article here: https://bit.ly/3we3Kox