The website www.startupluxembourg.com (the “Website”) and its subsequent website directory.startupluxembourg.com are provided by Luxinnovation GIE, a Groupement d’Intérêt Economique incorporated under the laws of the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg and registered with the Luxembourg Trade Register under number C16, whose registered office is at 5, avenue des Hauts-Fourneaux, L-4362 Esch-sur-Alzette ("Luxinnovation" or "we").
1. ABOUT COOKIES
Cookies are files stored on your device (PC, tablet, smartphone, etc.) by your browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, Opera, etc.). They are used to improve your online experience but also for other things, such as remembering whether you have visited our site before, matching content to your preferred interests or to help us analyse our traffic.
2. WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE?
This website uses the following types of Cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided.
- Preference cookies: these cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
- Statistic cookies: these cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
- Marketing cookies: We use third party cookies to provide you with more personalised and relevant content. Our analytics also help collect and compile information like the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. They cookies are not passing personally identifiable information to any external vendor or supplier, but are used for internal purposes only.
In addition to the above cookies, we use the open source web analytics platform “Matomo”. A web analytics platform is used by a website owner in order to measure, collect, analyse and report visitors data for purposes of understanding and optimizing their website.
The processing of personal data with Matomo is based on explicit consent. That is why we will not process any personal data with Matomo unless you give us clear explicit consent.
In principle, cookies do not identify you by name, but recognise certain identifiers issued by the browser of the device you use to visit the Website. We do not associate the information collected by the cookies with your personal data.
To find out more about Matomo: https://matomo.org/gdpr-analytics/
3. COOKIE SETTINGS
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can change the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer.
These settings are usually found in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your internet browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise you should use the 'Help' option in your internet browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
Please remember if you turn off cookies in your browser then the settings would apply to all other websites as well, and not just this one.
To find out more information about cookies, including information about how to manage and delete cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutCookies.org/.
4. UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
Last modified date: 6 July 2022