The Ministry of the Economy, Luxinnovation and Startup Luxembourg, in partnership with U.S. startup accelerator gener8tor, have selected five companies to participate in a three-week virtual program for Luxembourgish companies launching an innovative product into the U.S. market. The gener8tor Global - Luxembourg program complements two existing programs for Luxembourg startups in San Francisco and New York.
The startups participating in the program are:
- anisoprint manufactures 3D printers for the design and production of optimal composites through continuous fiber reinforced 3D Printing. Additive manufacturing of lightweight and complex shapes with superior mechanical properties is made possible with anisoprinting, especially for end-use production in industries such as aerospace,
automotive, robotics and healthcare. anisoprint’s 3D printers, materials, and software are three times lighter and up to 95% less expensive compared to other technologies with sales track records in Europe and Pacific Asia.
- ANote Music is the marketplace platform for investing in music royalties. Through ANote, music rights owners such as publishers, record labels and artists can list a portion of their future royalty streams up for auction to a network of investors and music enthusiasts, providing financial leverage and offering new ways to engage further with their network/fanbase. The company has overseen offline deal negotiations for music catalogues in the USA, UK, Italy, France, Spain, Poland, Germany and Japan with a total worth surpassing €100 million. To date, ANote Music has seen its platform grow to a community of over 6500 registered accounts, collecting over €500.000 in investor commitments during auctions. Within the first six months post launch, over €30.000 was distributed back in royalty payouts to investors on the platform.
- EduGamiTec has developed a cloud-based SaaS platform called Memomoti that channels learning content into digital games. The platform caters to parents and children as well as educators and game developers. EduGamiTec published the Memomoti platform at the end of 2020 after Neil Ward, former COO of Skype, joined EduGamiTec as an investor. The Memomoti community has already grown to 12.000 learners and educators, and with an upcoming fall 2021 integration with Friendbase, 85.000 players are expected to join the platform.
- RoomMate is a property management platform that digitizes the tenant-landlord relationship. The platform is focused on medium- to long-term rentals so that tenants and landlords can easily interact around paying rent and expenses, e-sign lease agreements as well as manage maintenance and communications. With RoomMate property owners can effortlessly grow and manage their real estate portfolio. RoomMate currently has a global presence with their tenants' app, counting more than 20.000 active users worldwide, and plans to expand the landlord platform throughout Europe and the US.
- Virtual Rangers is a startup specialized in creating VR/AR experiences. Thanks to its expertise, Virtual Rangers has developed a unique solution to manage pain in medical care for children and is now looking to the U.S. to develop its product. With over 50 projects completed in Europe, Virtual Rangers has a proven track record of providing the highest quality content tailored to the specific needs of each client.
During the three-week program, run by gener8tor director Menachem Tabanpour, the Luxembourgish companies are focusing on sales practices, financing methods, fundraising and growth strategies, while also connecting with business mentors, relevant investors and established companies active within gener8tor’s business network.
“I’m excited to be working with this diverse group of five Luxembourgish startups. Finding the best way to expand into a new market can be challenging and we are supporting these startups through mentor, investor and industry connections to better ensure success,” Tabanpour said.
The companies will conclude the program on July 9th with a pitch event to mentors, investors and the gener8tor community. Anyone interested in registering for the pitch event can register here.
gener8tor’s turnkey platform for the creative economy connects startup founders, musicians, artists, investors, universities and corporations. The gener8tor platform includes pre-accelerators, accelerators, corporate programming, conferences and fellowships.
About gener8tor Global - Luxembourg
gener8tor Global accelerates the growth of Luxembourg startup companies into the United States market through its network-driven program. gener8tor Global - Luxembourg supports at least five teams per cohort and requires no fees and no equity.
The Government of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg - Ministry of the Economy
The Ministry of the Economy supports the Luxembourg economy through encouraging economic growth, entrepreneurship, foreign trade, as well as the implementation regulations for enterprises.
Luxinnovation is an agency that offers a wide portfolio of services to companies and public research organisations in order to foster innovation. They are committed to launching successful innovative activities in Luxembourg, from entrepreneurs, managers of start-up companies and researchers to foreign enterprises and investors.
Startup Luxembourg is a public initiative that connects, supports and promotes the startup ecosystem in Luxembourg. They are supported by the Ministry of Economy and continue to foster innovation.